Topic: Distributed iRedMail server info / ldap schema question 0.9.0

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Is it possible to separate LDAP / Mail / iRedAPD?

Install iRedMail x3, then point mail authentication / iredAPD to ldap server, and then clean up the unused components on each machine?

How can I edit iRedMail install script, so that it does not install Apache/Mysql/etc? Comment out certain lines?

Are the LDAP schemas for iRM 0.8.7 and 0.9.0 the same? I want to install fresh NGINX iredmail 0.9.0 and transfer in my LDIF from 0.8.7 directly in.

Thanks Zhang,

Sam

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Distributed iRedMail server info / ldap schema question 0.9.0

sam-the-man wrote:

Install iRedMail x3, then point mail authentication / iredAPD to ldap server, and then clean up the unused components on each machine?

Of course you can do it this way.

sam-the-man wrote:

How can I edit iRedMail install script, so that it does not install Apache/Mysql/etc? Comment out certain lines?

I suggest you don't modify iRedMail, just disable unnecessary services after iRedMail installation.

sam-the-man wrote:

Are the LDAP schemas for iRM 0.8.7 and 0.9.0 the same? I want to install fresh NGINX iredmail 0.9.0 and transfer in my LDIF from 0.8.7 directly in.

Same.

Thanks! How can I cleanly remove iredapd? Or change server that apd points to?

iRedAPD is invoked in Postfix, so please update Postfix config file (main.cf) instead.