Topic: how Non-ad users to work with when integrate with Microsoft AD

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Scientific Linux 6.5 64 bits
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hi ,
     i follow the DOC integration tutorials:Microsoft Active Directory, and everything looks fine^^
But, i found in my environment some users do not have(no need to have) AD account, so how should i do to create mail account for those users?any ideas?

I think there are any possible methods when failed found account info in AD then use local account instead??

Sorry for my english~^^"

any comments wil be appreciate...thanks!!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: how Non-ad users to work with when integrate with Microsoft AD

In Postfix/Dovecot, you can use multiple LDAP/SQL query to return addition accounts. For example:

# Postfix main.cf
virtual_mailbox_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ad_xxx.cf, ldap:/etc/postfix/[addition_query_file

Check old iRedMail config file before you setup AD integration for example.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

In Postfix/Dovecot, you can use multiple LDAP/SQL query to return addition accounts. For example:

# Postfix main.cf
virtual_mailbox_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ad_xxx.cf, ldap:/etc/postfix/[addition_query_file

Check old iRedMail config file before you setup AD integration for example.

first thanks for reply ...

second .ZhangHuangbin ur mean non-ad users use local LDAP db??if yes, all i need is re-create ad_*.cf(something like that) files under /etc/postfix and add above example u say.right?

BTW.....do i need to modify the webmail part also?

thanks

There're many ways to store your addition accounts. e.g. a plain text file, query from AD or LDAP, or even query from SQL database.
Postfix will query accounts in specify order you set in virtual_mailbox_maps.