1 (edited by marcelomartinatti 2014-10-09 05:14:20)

Topic: Error upgrade on Dovecot

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.7.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Squeeze
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi Zhang,

I'm in serious trouble to update an old iRedMail (v. 0.7.3) on server, so I can install the new version of iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL (I've done this update on another server without any error).

On upgrading from 0.7.3 to 0.7.4 I created a new database table vmail used_quota and adjusted the parameters in the configuration file dovecot-used-quota.conf, replace "table = mailbox" with "table = used_quota".

So when I restart the Dovecot messages start to accumulate in the Postfix queue and server load goes up too. So the service is unstable.

Checking the log Postfix noticed something strange in Dovecot (log attached).

Note that the Devecot "delay" increases much staying out of default and begins the error "temporary failure" appears.

When I return to the original configuration (table = mailbox) and restart Dovecot, back to normal.

I've done the setup a few times because I could be missing something, but in all the same behavior occurs and I have to go back.

I realized that Dovecot is usually connecting to MySQL because it began to be recorder data in the new table used_quote before the server destabilize (high load and temporary failure).

What can be happening?

Tks

M Martinatti

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Error upgrade on Dovecot

Attached log is useless because you stripped context log. Please attach full log, and show us output of command "dovecot -n".

Hi Zhang,

I chose to migrate this server (new Debian, daemons, etc.)

So, I believe this point of the update will not interfere in the wake of other recent updates, because the new platform tables and iRedMail will already be adjusted to save quota information in a separate table.

I will do all the other updates - especially the structures of the vmail tables - to be able to generate a dump of the database and restore it on the new platform.

I think that works out. Do you agree?

Tks,

M Martinatti

marcelomartinatti wrote:

I think that works out. Do you agree?

Check our tutorial here: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/migrate.to … l-accounts

Important note: if you feel confused with our tutorial, please don't hesitate to ask me to explain it.

5 (edited by marcelomartinatti 2014-10-23 22:00:42)

Hi Zhang,

I am completing the required settings of server migration. I already synchronized mailboxes and also all settings of  vmail and roundcubemail data. All working !

The only thing I'm in doubt is regarding the change on path of sieve filters per user in new version iRedMail.

My current setting in OLD version are:

Path:  /home/vmail/sieve/domain/user

Setting on the sieve in dovecot.conf file:

# Per-user sieve mail filter.
  plugin {
      # For maildir format.
      sieve = /home/vmail/sieve/%Ld/%Ln/dovecot.sieve
  }

# LDA: Local Deliver Agent
  protocol lda {
  (...)
      sieve_global_path = /home/vmail/sieve/dovecot.sieve
  (...)
  }

plugin {
      sieve = /home/vmail/sieve/%Ld/%Ln/dovecot.sieve
      sieve_dir = /home/vmail/sieve/%Ld/%Ln
  }

My current setting in NEW version are:

Path:  /home/vmail/vmail1/domain/u/s/e/user-yyyy.mm.dd.hh.mm.ss/sieve

Setting on the sieve in dovecot.conf file:

plugin {
  (...)
      # Pigeonhole managesieve service.
      # Reference: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Configuration
      # Per-user sieve settings.
      sieve_dir = /%Lh/sieve
      sieve = /%Lh/sieve/dovecot.sieve

# Global sieve settings.
      sieve_global_dir = /home/vmail/sieve
      sieve_default = /home/vmail/sieve/dovecot.sieve
      #sieve_before =
      #sieve_after =
  }

All mailboxes were synchronized with the structure of the old version.
So I just need to adjust the path in the configuration file dovecot.conf ?

Tks,

M Martinatti

marcelomartinatti wrote:

So I just need to adjust the path in the configuration file dovecot.conf ?

Yes.

Zhang,

There is possibility to change the parameters of the format requirement for configuration or change of password (more than the size)?

I'm having a lot of complaints from customers regarding the requirements.

Tks,

M Martinatti

Do you mean password policy in Roundcube webmail? You can check Roundcube password plugin config file, on Debian it should be /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/plugins/password/config.inc.php.

WARNING: the weakest part of mail system is weak password, it's strongly recommended to FORCE your customers to use strong password.

Of course !!

On password policy in Roundcube it´s ok .. I mean the configuration of the password and account IredAdmin (Pro-MySQL).

I kept the mandatory special character on password, just wanna make optional the use of uppercase character.

Tks,

M Martinatti