1 (edited by aadsi 2014-11-06 11:00:35)

Topic: Greylisting Settings Won't Save

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 1.8.2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

When trying to apply throttle settings either at the domain level or user level the settings do not save.

Login > Select domain > go to throttle > check "Enable throttling for outbound emails" > set period for 1 day > Save

Upon going back to that page the settings have reverted themselves.

I saw another thread mentioning this problem and the fix suggested was to make a change to lib/policyd/greylist.py but my file already has the suggested change in place.

No errors are thrown so I'm a bit lost as to what to try, any ideas?

Additional Note: I was on 0.8.6 / 1.8.1 Pro MySQL prior to today and had the same problem so I upgraded to 0.8.7 / 1.8.2 Pro MySQL with no change in results.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Greylisting Settings Won't Save

iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.8.2 fixes this issue. Did you restart Apache after upgraded iRedAdmin-Pro?

Apache was restarted after upgrading to 1.8.2 iRedAdmin-Pro and just to be sure I restarted it again to verify. I got the same results both at the domain and user level, settings don't save.

No idea yet, it's supposed to be fixed in iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.8.2.
Is it possible to let me login to your server to debug this issue?

At this time I don't have an easy way to provide remote access to the server due to it's location within the network.

I think I am not categorizing the action taking place correctly. I am able to enable and disable the greylisting option at both domain and user level. Domain level option of "Enable greylisting for this domain" under Advanced tab and user level option of "Enabled Services: Greylisting" under advanced tab.

The problem is really with the throttling feature not so much greylisting but both are apart of cluebringer, policyd v2, so I did some more testing.

I've found that an account, only one domain of 30+ has settings applied, that already had outbound mail throttling enabled will let me modify the settings and update the values. The values are then kept and can be viewed both in the database and on the admin panel. When I try to apply new settings, requiring any insert action, then it fails to save.

Does iRedMail have a debug flag that I can enable to see insert statements?

Well I feel silly but I believe I got this figured out now.

So I turned on iRedMail debug and started doing some testing with the throttle settings. During my testing I was enabling throttling by checking the box and selecting a time period but leaving amount of messages and size blank. So it would take my settings and act like it saved them but it doesn't. So then I filled in all fields and saved the settings again, they took. So now I tried leaving either messages blank or size blank, both work.

So you have to fill in either "Number of max inbound emails" or "Cumulative size of all inbound emails" in order for it to actually save the enabled settings for "Enable throttling for inbound/outbound emails".

Zhang is it intended that at least one of those fields be filled in? If so then may I suggest a notation on the page somewhere to indicate this requirement or for it to report an error?

aadsi wrote:

Zhang is it intended that at least one of those fields be filled in?

Sure. Without these 2, you don't have throttling settings.