Topic: Using iRedMail for no-reply email, cannt send to other mail boxes

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQl
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: 12.04
====

I've configured a new WordPress website to send emails from no-reply@domain.com for things like user registrations, password resets and newsletters.

The email info@domain.com is the only other mailbox for this domain which is what the site's owner will use for enquiries and personal outgoing mail.

info@domain.com uses Namecheap's private email hosting, while no-reply@domain.com uses my own iRedMail mail server. I am able to receive emails at info@domain.com and send from no-reply@domain.com without issues, however if I try send an email from no-reply@domain.com to info@domain.com, I receive the following error:

5.1.1 : Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table. Please check the message recipient info@domain.com and try again.

What can I do about this? I have tried creating a info@domain.com user on the iRedMail server, however emails sent from no-reply@domain.com go to the inbox on the iRedMail server rather than the intended Namecheap inbox.

This is an issue primarily because the contact form on the site will send enquiries to info@domain.com.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Using iRedMail for no-reply email, cannt send to other mail boxes

Hi you must edit /opt/iredapd/settings.py

add reject_sender_login_mismatch to plugins:

plugins = ["reject_sender_login_mismatch",...]

and add this:

ALLOWED_LOGIN_MISMATCH_SENDERS = ['info@domain.com']

Than you can send as info@domain.com as any email like no-reply@domain.com

regards,
Josef

3 (edited by MattM 2014-11-02 07:54:16)

Dexus wrote:

Hi you must edit /opt/iredapd/settings.py

add reject_sender_login_mismatch to plugins:

plugins = ["reject_sender_login_mismatch",...]

and add this:

ALLOWED_LOGIN_MISMATCH_SENDERS = ['info@domain.com']

Than you can send as info@domain.com as any email like no-reply@domain.com

regards,
Josef

Thanks, however the email still goes to the account on my iRedMail server.

The info@domain.com email is hosted with Namecheap, while the no-reply@domain.com is on my iRedMail server. I'm trying to send an email from the no-reply email to the info email, however I get the error I posted above.

EDIT: I have decided with some help from Server Fault to use Mandrill for sending emails. Thanks anyway, I appreciate it smile

You host 'info@domain.com' on one server, but no-reply@domain.com on another  (iRedMail) server.

On iRedMail server, if the recipient  domain is hosted on localhost, Postfix will verify whether  or not it exists, if not, it will reject the email. That's why you receive this error message.