Topic: Can't alias postmaster@somedomain.com

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7.2
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi Support,

I've already created the alias through BOTH aliases file and inside the ldap. Other aliases via LDAP works perfectly but not the postmaster:

Sep 19 09:59:12 mail1 postfix/smtpd[19303]: connect from node-mec2.wormly.com[184.72.226.23]
Sep 19 09:59:14 mail1 postfix/smtpd[19303]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from node-mec2.wormly.com[184.72.226.23]: 550 5.1.1 <postmaster@somedomain.net>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<test@aia.com> to=<postmaster@somedomain.net> proto=ESMTP helo=<www.wormly.com>
Sep 19 09:59:14 mail1 postfix/smtpd[19303]: lost connection after RCPT from node-mec2.wormly.com[184.72.226.23]
Sep 19 09:59:14 mail1 postfix/smtpd[19303]: disconnect from node-mec2.wormly.com[184.72.226.23]

I'm not going to maintain a particular account for postmaster, but I still need to receive emails to postmaster.

Please advice.

Thanks and regards,
Hang

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can't alias postmaster@somedomain.com

thehanghk wrote:

Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

Is your postmaster@ a normal mail user? or an account under LDAP dn: o=domainAdmins,dc=xxx,dc=xxx?

To user alias/mail forwarding, it must be a normal mail user. You can then mark this user as either global domain admin or normal domain admin.

3 (edited by thehanghk 2014-09-19 12:38:57)

I haven't create an account for postmaster in iRedAdmin but just an alias in the LDAP. This approach works for other aliases.

Attached please find the ldap setting of this postmaster.

Thanks for your help!

Post's attachments

postmaster.PNG
postmaster.PNG 58.83 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

thehanghk wrote:

I'm not going to maintain a particular account for postmaster, but I still need to receive emails to postmaster.

You should create postmaster@ as a normal user, then forward email to somebody@somedomain.net and save a copy in mailbox.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

save a copy in mailbox.

This is the reason why I want the postmaster to be an alias, instead of a normal user. The interesting thing is, this alias approach works for other users, such as a@somedomain.net -> me@somedomain.net. It doesn't, only, work for postmaster.

I don't get it. Mail alias account doesn't have a maildir path (no mailbox), how can you save a copy?
You need a normal mail user instead.

No, sorry. What I mean was, I don't want to keep a copy on the postmaster's mail box. I just want a single copy in me@somedomain.net. Sorry for misleading.

Oh, i found the typo error in your LDIF. it's not 'enabledService=delivery', it's 'enabledService=deliver' (no 'y').

WoW!!!
Thanks expert!!! You fixed my headache!!!