Topic: Force Password Change on First Login

I have the latest version installed but I'm trying to figure out how to force the user to change the password on the first login as we have a long list of users that we're entering in the system and are doing it for them.  Is it possible?  Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Force Password Change on First Login

Is it ok if just don't allow user to send email before changing password? For example, user can use POP3/IMAP to access mailbox, but cannot send out email until he/she changed the password.

If so, you can write a simple plugin for iRedAPD, it's running on your server. Program is installed under /opt/iredapd/. Check /opt/iredapd/plugins/ to see how existing plugin works.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Is it ok if just don't allow user to send email before changing password? For example, user can use POP3/IMAP to access mailbox, but cannot send out email until he/she changed the password.

If so, you can write a simple plugin for iRedAPD, it's running on your server. Program is installed under /opt/iredapd/. Check /opt/iredapd/plugins/ to see how existing plugin works.

Dear Zhang,

I was analyzing your 'sql-change-password-in-days.py' plugin in order to follow your directions and write my own simple plugin but found that it has already a provision for when the user didn't changed password before. Testing it, I found one error from Phyton (see bellow) that never reach that code.

--->> <!> Error: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'datetime.datetime' and 'NoneType'

So, I made some changes to your plugin as you could see on the attached file and now this plugin could be used for two purposes, NN days of password expiration or first send of message.

I think this could improve your product and be good for someone else.

Regards,
Joel A.G.Oliveira

Post's attachments

sql_force_change_password_in_days.py 3.19 kb, 8 downloads since 2014-09-12 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi Joel,

Thanks for your patch. I fixed the issue by avoid NoneType of parameter 'pwchdate', now it has the same effect.
Code commit log: https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredapd/commi … 35f55d8737