Topic: migrate from PostfixAdmin to iRedMailAdmin

Hi,

We are evaluating the migration from PostfixAdmin to iRedMailAdmin-Pro.
I have searched your page but I didn't find no post regarding this question.

So .. since I've learned that iRedMailAdmin originates from PostfixAdmin .. do you have a migration script for it?

If not .. what do you suggest for this operation.
I've seen that you pointed to a CSV script in an earlier post, but that way we will lose al the passwords.. and this is not an option for us.

Any suggestions ?
Thank you!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: migrate from PostfixAdmin to iRedMailAdmin

cejko wrote:

So .. since I've learned that iRedMailAdmin originates from PostfixAdmin .. do you have a migration script for it?

Unfortunately, we don't have this kind of script.

cejko wrote:

If not .. what do you suggest for this operation.

You can compare SQL structures of PostfixAdmin and iRedMail, most parts are the same, so you can export them from PostfixAdmin, then import to iRedMail. They should work as expected.

Note: iRedMail has more addition SQL columns than PostfixAdmin, you can use default values for most of them. If you don't understand which value you should use, you can try to add a new account with iRedMail script (iRedMail-0.8.7/tools/create_mail_user_*), then check the records it added. Or, post your question in this forum.

cejko wrote:

I've seen that you pointed to a CSV script in an earlier post, but that way we will lose al the passwords.. and this is not an option for us.

I believe the password you used in PostfixAdmin can work in iRedMail without addition conversion. Is it one of MD5, PLAIN-MD5, plain password? If not, what is it?