1

Topic: crontab issues / cluebringer web access / awstats web access

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 10
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,

iRedaMail is great, saves me a lot of time smile Just few (small) issues:

After a fresh install on (freshly installed) FreeBSD 10 (jail) I encountered the following:
Crontab entries:

- no PATH variable defined in crontab so python executable was not found - fixed by entering full path for python scripts in crontab
anyway afterwards:
/usr/local/bin/python: can't open file '/usr/local/www/iredadmin/tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

the file is not there anyway.

cluebringer and awstats are not reachable via the web interface:
apache throws this:
[error] [client 10.0.0.1] AuthUserFile not specified in the configuration

I read that the future version will support nginx, which is great, but will be there a  way to simply migrate an existing apache instalalation to nginx? Maybe just hints which configuration files to change. Or how to reinstall and keep the data.

Thanks a lot for great work!

Peter

2

Re: crontab issues / cluebringer web access / awstats web access

hunci wrote:

Crontab entries:
- no PATH variable defined in crontab so python executable was not found - fixed by entering full path for python scripts in crontab
anyway afterwards:
/usr/local/bin/python: can't open file '/usr/local/www/iredadmin/tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
the file is not there anyway.

Fixed weeks ago. This fix will be available in next release of iRedMail.

hunci wrote:

cluebringer and awstats are not reachable via the web interface:
apache throws this:
[error] [client 10.0.0.1] AuthUserFile not specified in the configuration

Does it work if you remove 'AuthUserFile' line? I will try to reproduce this issue and fix it.

hunci wrote:

will be there a  way to simply migrate an existing apache instalalation to nginx?

iRedMail provides 2 sample config files for Nginx, you can slightly modify it to make components installed by iRedMail work under Nginx: https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/src/ … les/nginx/

If you need more advanced migration guide, then it's better to read Nginx official tutorial or search "migrate from apache to nginx" in Google. smile