Topic: Upgrade path from 0.7.3 to latest

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.7.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 5.6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Planning my long overdue upgrade from my initial install almost 3 years ago.  I've been through the upgrade tutorials, and I am planning to do this somewhat incrementally  (not all in one day), and I have just a couple of questions:

1.  At what point in the upgrade process (0.7.3 > 0.7.4 > 0.8.0 > 0.8.1, etc) will I need to upgrade iRedAdmin-Pro from 1.3.0?

2.  As I understand it, when I reach the point I asked about in question #1, I can upgrade directly from iRedAdmin-Pro 1.3.0 to the current version.  Correct?

3.  This is running on a CentOS 5.6 machine, which I understand is no longer supported.  Will I hit a point in the upgrade path where it will fail because of my OS being too old?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade path from 0.7.3 to latest

answerman wrote:

1.  At what point in the upgrade process (0.7.3 > 0.7.4 > 0.8.0 > 0.8.1, etc) will I need to upgrade iRedAdmin-Pro from 1.3.0?
2.  As I understand it, when I reach the point I asked about in question #1, I can upgrade directly from iRedAdmin-Pro 1.3.0 to the current version.  Correct?

1) The latest iRedAdmin-Pro always requires the latest iRedMail, so, yes.
2) You can upgrade iRedAdmin-Pro from 1.3.0 to the latest one directly.

answerman wrote:

3.  This is running on a CentOS 5.6 machine, which I understand is no longer supported.  Will I hit a point in the upgrade path where it will fail because of my OS being too old?

No.

By the way, iRedMail just doesn't support new installation on CentOS 5, we continue supporting server which are running CentOS 5. And iRedAdmin-Pro works on CentOS 5 too.

Good.  Though I need a better answer for #1.  At what point during the upgrade of iRedMail will I have to upgrade iRedAdmin-Pro?  If I remember right, there was a point somewhere after 0.8.0 where upgrading iRedAdmin-Pro was required.

Also, I noticed in the upgrade tutorials that there were upgrades to the open-source iRedAdmin.  Since I am running iRedAdmin-Pro, do I need to upgrade the open-source iRedAdmin?  Or can I just disregard those?

You can upgrade iRedMail to the latest iRedMail-0.8.7 first, then upgrade iRedAdmin-Pro.
If you don't need iRedAdmin open source edition anymore, it's ok to disregard it.