Topic: Install Iredmail for Nginx

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: Latest
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

So I installed iredmail, did give me huge problems. I use magento, my site is down. Cant login on Phpmysql, cant run the backup restore.
Can we make a sticky for Nginx?

I run LEMP on Centos minimal install, no Apache installed at all. Site is new, never installed mail server before. And no SSL.

To start with did I this right?, not sure.
In network i used mail.(my domain).com
in Hosts I used (My server ip not Local ip 127.0.0.1) mail.(my domain).com mail.(my domain) com (my domain) com

I have a FTP backup on my files in Magento folder. Should I remove all files on magento FTP folder and install again? Maybe then I can be able to access my site and login on magento and make a full database restore.

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Install Iredmail for Nginx

It's clearly mentioned in iRedMail installation guide:

WARNING: iRedMail is designed to be deployed on a FRESH server system, which means your server does NOT have mail related components installed, e.g. MySQL, OpenLDAP, Postfix, Dovecot, Amavisd, etc (iRedMail will install and configure them for you automatically). Otherwise it may override your existing files/configurations althought it will backup files before modifing, and it may be not working as expected.

The latest development version of iRedMail has Nginx support, if you want to give it a try, check it out here:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/src

had only mysql installed other than that it was fresh.

So what should I do now? Was my steps correct with hosts and network file?
Next time giving a try would be helpful information, and by the way mysql can be unchecked for install right?

Latest version is iRedMail-0.8.7 . I did Install
http://www.iredmail.org/download.html

How to restore backup files? Can I do as I suggested?

Thanks

nfs__ wrote:

in Hosts I used (My server ip not Local ip 127.0.0.1) mail.(my domain).com mail.(my domain) com (my domain) com

hosts file is ok.

It's recommended to install iRedMail on a fresh server, then install magento and restore its backup manually.
Mail service requires so many components, it's easier to let iRedMail them and you install one (magento).

" Otherwise it may override your existing files/configurations althought it will backup files before modifing, and it may be not working as expected."

您是中国人吗?
How to do the restore you mentioned?, I have get in big problems, can you help me? Sent QQ number to you, Thanks