- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
We are running Debian/MySQL – iredAdmin-Pro 0.8.1. with 3 different mail domains on the server. What would be the command(s) to add a new user to one of the domains via the command line?
Also command to change a user passwords?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iredadmin gui errors

Unfortunately, we don't have command line tools to do these operation.

How about do it with iRedAdmin-Pro? Do you need to update many user accounts?

3 (edited by alc 2014-07-22 23:44:23)

Thank you for the reply...

ZhangHuangbin: --How about do it with iRedAdmin-Pro?-- (We are currently using iRedAdmin-Pro, this server has been in production using this solution for over 3 years now).

ZhangHuangbin: --Do you need to update many user accounts?-- (We have around 150 active user accounts that we add/remove/modify using the iRedAdmin-Pro interface 3-4 users per month).

The problem is that when we attempt to log into the iRedAdmin-Pro(mySQL) interface, the login webpage sits and spins for around 40 minutes prior to allowing access to the interface (depending upon the browser/location/user, the connection will sometimes timeout, or disconnect, userKill, etc)... If I patiently wait using the correct browser/browser settings at the correct time of day (low load) I can gain access to make the modifications required. While this process looks harmless from the web browser it is causing major havoc on the server itself. Running "top" shows that attempting to access the iRedAdmin-Pro interface spikes the memory usage (4 GB) to a saturation point that it begins to utilize the swap due to the fact that there is no memory left for all the other processes. The memory hog seems to be mySQL processes initiated by the iRedAdmin-Pro interface and once it grabs the memory it refuses to release it back to the pool unless the server is rebooted. So basically if modifications need to be made during business hours, the mail  queue backs up (worse we have seen is 6000 messages in the queue with a 5 hour delay) or we make the changes after hours and reboot the box in the AM. It has not always been this way and has been a slow regression... To this point we have been very happy with the box/software and performance, now not so much.

We know the best and correct long term solution is to upgrade the box and the software as we are on 8.1 and the latest is 8.7... We have started this process but it will take time to get this completed, move to production and move the users.

In the mean time we are hoping you might be able to provide a short term solution to add/remove/maintain users outside the scope of using the iRedAdmin-Pro interface or point us to a fix that we can run on the fly that would have minimal impact on users and would allow us to again utilize the iRedAdmin-Pro interface until we get the new box built and placed into production.

Thank you in advance for any help/direction you may be able to provide!

This is caused by large Amavisd database. You can execute script tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py shipped in the latest iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL to remove old/unnecessary records.

If you don't want to upgrade iRedMail + iRedAdmin-Pro, it's fine, just download the latest iRedAdmin-Pro, and copy iRedAdmin-Pro config file from old release to the latest iRedAdmin-Pro, then execute script 'tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py' in the latest iRedAdmin-Pro. For example:

# python /path/to/latest-iRedAdmin-Pro/tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py

NOTE: If you have large Amavisd database, it will take too much system resource and you have to wait for a long time, please execute it when your server is not busy.

Also, if you don't need to keep too many records in Amavisd database, please add or update below two parameters in iRedAdmin-Pro config file "settings.py", then execute script 'tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py'.

# Remove old SQL records of sent/received mails in Amavisd database.               
# NOTE: require cron job with script tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py.                  
AMAVISD_REMOVE_MAILLOG_IN_DAYS = 2

# Remove old SQL records of quarantined mails.                                     
# Since quarantined mails may take much disk space, it's better to release         
# or remove them as soon as possible.                                              
# NOTE: require cron job with script tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py.                  
AMAVISD_REMOVE_QUARANTINED_IN_DAYS = 2

Modify the days to the value you want.

ZhangHuangbin, thank you for your help... I'm pretty confident that the solution you have recommended will do the trick and we will post back confirming that once we have completed it. Thank you again.

ZhangHuangbin, Sorry, just realized that in order to get the latest we are required to:

##-- Login to iRedAdmin-Pro as ######## . Click "License" on the top-right corner, it will show you basic license info and a "Download" button if new version is available for upgrading --##

I'd prefer not to login to our iRedAdmin-Pro in order to get the download as it will cause our memory problem to occur. I purchased the lifetime version of iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL back in 2012. Would you possibly send me a download link for the latest version?  I can  still provide the username and password information I was given from the last email download notification we received. Thank you!

Sent an email with download link to license owner moment ago, let me know if you didn't receive it: http://www.iredmail.org/contact.html

Success!! Thank you...