Topic: Migrating from old server (0.8.6) to new server (0.8.7)

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi!

I'm going to migrate from iRedMail 0.8.6 to iRedMail 0.8.7 which is located on the brand new dedicated server. Mail accounts are being stored in MySQL. Both old and new OS are Ubuntu.

I have already installed iRedMail 0.8.7 and judging by this instruction (http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … l_accounts) I have updated my database. Then I exported the "vmail" db from the old server and tried to import it to the new server. However I've got errors on an alias table.

I went ahead and exported / imported amavisd db where all messages are supposed to be stored. The last step I did is transferred all of my messages from old to the new server. rsync does it very quickly though smile

I've created a user under which huge number of messages are supposed to be. however after logging on with the newly created credentials I can see nothing.

I'd like to transfer all of the stuff correctly from 0.8.6 to 0.8.7. Any help from you, guys, would be extremely appreciated as I have got tons of mail and losing it would be a great huge PITY smile

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Migrating from old server (0.8.6) to new server (0.8.7)

mkreine wrote:

Then I exported the "vmail" db from the old server and tried to import it to the new server. However I've got errors on an alias table.

What error? If you don't show us the original error message, we cannot help at all.

mkreine wrote:

I've created a user under which huge number of messages are supposed to be. however after logging on with the newly created credentials I can see nothing.

Newly created user has different maildir path to mailbox, so you can see old emails.

Re: Migrating from old server (0.8.6) to new server (0.8.7)

This problem has already been solved. I just moved all of my messages from the old Maildir to new one.