1 (edited by hvsw 2014-06-25 00:36:45)

Topic: Postmaster / admin mailbox login

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Wheezy
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Ahh... There is any chance to login into postmaster mailbox?

I have one very important mail there, but login to postmaster account is blocked in roundcube.

Also have said that i deleted domain default mx.example.com and add new 'example.com'
and added user admin@example.com and important mail was sent to this address.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Postmaster / admin mailbox login

*) Roundcube doesn't block any account. You're allowed to login with correct username/password.
*) You should update /etc/postfix/aliases to forward emails sent to system accounts to a new valid email address.

3 (edited by hvsw 2014-06-25 17:03:32)

Thanks for reply. Still can't login to  admin@example.com with roudcubemail.

I have two admin accounts: name@example.com and admin@example.com.

What i do:

1. Login to iredadmin with login name@example.com
2. Changed password for admin@example.com
3. Logged out from iredadmin
4. Go to roundcubemail and try to login as admin@example.com > fail sad
5. Go to roundcubemail and try to login as name@example.com > OK smile
6. Go to iredadmin and try to login as admin@example.com > OK smile
7. Go to iredadmin and try to login as name@example.com > OK smile

Strange...

/var/log/mail.err says:

Jun 25 10:51:16 example roundcube: IMAP Error: Login failed for admin@example.com from xx.xx.xx.xx. LOGIN: Authentication failed. in /var/www/roundcubemail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /roundcubemail/?_task=login?_task=login&_action=login)

/var/log/dovecot.log says:

Jun 25 10:51:14 auth: Info: pgsql(127.0.0.1): Connected to database vmail
Jun 25 10:51:16 imap-login: Info: Disconnected (auth failed, 1 attempts in 2 secs): user=<admin@example.com>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured, session=<2X3HLaV8TAB/AAAB>

Could you please try to reset password for admin@example.com with iRedAdmin-Pro again? This time just use simple characters as password. e.g. digital number, ASCII letters [a-z].

5 (edited by hvsw 2014-06-26 06:49:23)

Thanks for reply. Sorry, i don't have iRedAdmin-Pro. I'm using free version.

Trying to follow steps that you provide:

[Logged to iRedAdmin as name@example.com - it's second admin account]
Profile of admin: admin@example.com
Profile updated success.
( set password to eight integers something like that: 55544433)
[ Logout ]

[ Login to iRedAdmin as admin@example.com with new password ]
OK smile

[ Login to roundcube as admin@example.com with new password ]
FAIL sad

Is any way to get that email without login to roundcube or other 'normal' methods?
Maybe from phpPGadmin?
I'm asking this because code from that important email expires 72h (now maybe 12-14h)

You can try to reset its password with SQL commands:

# su - postgres
$ psql -d vmail
sql> UPDATE mailbox SET password='{PLAIN}123456' WHERE username='admin@example.com';

Then the password is set to '123456'.

hvsw wrote:

Is any way to get that email without login to roundcube or other 'normal' methods?

You can access to mailbox on file system directly. for example, query Postfix to get the mailbox path:

# postmap -q 'admin@example.com' pgsql:/etc/postfix/pgsql/virtual_mailbox_maps.cf
vmail1/a.cn/a/a/a/a-2014.06.25.21.02.11//Maildir/

Base directory of mailboxes is /var/vmail by default, so the mailbox is /var/vmail/vmail1/a.cn/a/a/a/a-2014.06.25.21.02.11//Maildir/.

7 (edited by hvsw 2014-06-26 19:25:31)

Sounds like there is no 'admin@example.com' account...

vmail=# UPDATE mailbox SET password='{PLAIN}123456' WHERE username='admin@example.com';
UPDATE 0

vmail=# UPDATE mailbox SET password='{PLAIN}123456' WHERE username='name@example.com';
UPDATE 1

____________________________________________________________________________________

postmap -q 'admin@example.com' pgsql:/etc/postfix/pgsql/virtual_mailbox_maps.cf > gives none

postmap -q 'name@example.com' pgsql:/etc/postfix/pgsql/virtual_mailbox_maps.cf > gives something like you posted (path)

Screen from iRedAdmin

http://i.imgur.com/nsQbsie.png

I got it. You created this admin account as separate admin account (stored in SQL table "vmail.admin"), it's not a mail user (stored in "vmail.mailbox"), that's why you cannot login to Roundcube with this account.