1 (edited by aniyan.rajan6 2014-06-24 23:09:45)

Topic: iRedmail for Debian 7.0 VPS

Hello,

Does iRedmail install the apache webserver, fail2ban and modsecurity automatically ?

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedmail for Debian 7.0 VPS

aniyan.rajan6 wrote:

Does iRedmail install the apache webserver, fail2ban and modsecurity automatically ?

Yes, except mod-security.

Okay, good to know that. No need to install each software separately.

I use gandi.net's free mailboxes for my small company now. They give me five mailboxes free of cost. Do you recommend installing my own mailserver (iRedmail) in a VPS for a Small Company Environment ? What are the advantages of doing like this ?

aniyan.rajan6 wrote:

Do you recommend installing my own mailserver (iRedmail) in a VPS for a Small Company Environment ? What are the advantages of doing like this ?

Personally, i think free (or hosted) mailboxes is better for small company, so that you don't need to maintain the server, care about spam fighting, etc. You can focus on your business.

self hosting has advantages too, for example, you have full control of your mail server, you can add unlimited mail accounts if you want, etc.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
aniyan.rajan6 wrote:

Do you recommend installing my own mailserver (iRedmail) in a VPS for a Small Company Environment ? What are the advantages of doing like this ?

Personally, i think free (or hosted) mailboxes is better for small company, so that you don't need to maintain the server, care about spam fighting, etc. You can focus on your business.

That's true. But the free mailboxes that the domain registrar provides is having very less features. But we can use gmail.com by changing the MX Record.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

self hosting has advantages too, for example, you have full control of your mail server, you can add unlimited mail accounts if you want, etc.

Right. We can see the logs, we will get all the features of a mailserver etc. I have to think and decide, whether to use gmail or my own mailserver.