Topic: SOGo Wrong username or password.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: /var/log/dovecot.log
====

I have started with a clean build of CentOS 6.5 on a test machine. and followed with the tutorial located here: iRedMail LDAP + SOGo + Centos

When I open the SOGo page and enter the username / password that I have used with iRedMail, I get the "Wrong username or password." error.

Here is my log file from dovecot:

Jun 22 17:44:39 imap(postmaster@REMOVED): Info: Disconnected: Logged out in=292 out=1561
Jun 22 17:44:39 imap(postmaster@REMOVED): Info: Disconnected: Logged out in=233 out=876
Jun 22 17:53:20 master: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1863 uid=0 code=kill)
Jun 23 16:37:21 master: Info: Dovecot v2.1.17 starting up (core dumps disabled)
Jun 23 16:45:25 master: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1909 uid=0 code=kill)
Jun 23 16:46:15 master: Info: Dovecot v2.1.17 starting up (core dumps disabled)
Jun 23 17:17:10 auth-worker(2966): Info: mysql(127.0.0.1): Connected to database vmail
Jun 23 17:17:10 dict: Info: mysql(127.0.0.1): Connected to database vmail
Jun 23 19:21:36 master: Fatal: Dovecot is already running with PID 1432 (read from /var/run/dovecot/master.pid)
Jun 23 19:53:15 master: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=31225 uid=0 code=kill)
Jun 23 19:53:17 master: Info: Dovecot v2.1.17 starting up (core dumps disabled)
Jun 23 20:09:01 master: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=31407 uid=0 code=kill)
Jun 23 20:09:48 master: Info: Dovecot v2.1.17 starting up (core dumps disabled)

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SOGo Wrong username or password.

Again:

You should turn on debug mode in Dovecot to see whether you have correct authentication related settings in SOGo.
Search "debug" in faq page to see how to turn on debug mode in Dovecot: http://www.iredmail.org/faq.html

After turned on debug mode in Dovecot, please try to login to SOGo again, then you can get detailed debug log in Dovecot log file, paste these log here so that others can help troubleshoot.

The Dovecot log shown in the first post is after I tried logging into SOGo multiple times after debug has been turned on.

My apologizes for the previous post. After logging on the actual machine this morning instead of SSH shell, I saw a huge difference in logs. Here is the complete (as far as I know) log file.

Post's attachments

longhair-dovecot.txt 25.94 kb, 4 downloads since 2014-06-24 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Cannot find any login related error in attached log file.

I just logged into httpS://your_server/phpmyadmin, clicked on sogo see the following: No tables found in database.

I will start over from scratch again however, I now have a couple questions about the sogo tutorial that hopefully you can answer.

sogo tutorial:

Next is to create the MySQL Database for SOGo (Use whichever tool you prefer, I used the CLI for this), change PASSWORD value to the password of your choice:
mysql>GRANT ALL ON sogo.* TO sogo@localhost IDENTIFIED BY "PASSWORD";

iRedMail instructions:

5) Set password of MySQL root user. MySQL is used to store data of other applications, e.g. Roundcube webmail, Policyd, Amavisd-new. If you choose to store mail accounts in MySQL, you will see this dialog too.

Should the sogo password be different than the iRedMail password or could they be the same?

----

sogo tutorial:

And change the default values to following (change PASSWORD value to your passwords and dc=testdomain,dc=com to your LDAP domain)

<string>mysql://sogo:PASSWORD@localhost:3306/sogo/sogo_folder_info</string>
<string>mysql://sogo:PASSWORD@localhost:3306/sogo/sogo_sessions_folder</string>
<string>mysql://sogo:PASSWORD@localhost:3306/sogo/sogo_user_profile</string>
<key>bindPassword</key>
<string>PASSWORD</string>

If I made the sogo password ABCDEF, would I replace everything that said PASSWORD with ABCDEF?

<string>mysql://sogo:ABCDEF@localhost:3306/sogo/sogo_folder_info</string>
<string>mysql://sogo:ABCDEF@localhost:3306/sogo/sogo_sessions_folder</string>
<string>mysql://sogo:ABCDEF@localhost:3306/sogo/sogo_user_profile</string>
<key>bindPassword</key>
<string>ABCDEF</string>

longhair wrote:

Should the sogo password be different than the iRedMail password or could they be the same?

It's better to use a different password.

longhair wrote:

If I made the sogo password ABCDEF, would I replace everything that said PASSWORD with ABCDEF?

Yes.