Topic: Cannot delete email in roundcube or Thunderbird using IMAP

I cannot delete the email in roundcube or thunderbird which is using IMAP. But there is no problem using POP3 on outlook or thunderbird.

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/5058/47122716.jpg

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Cannot delete email in roundcube or Thunderbird using IMAP

Because the quota is full. Roundcube is trying to move the email to Trash, but that won't work because move = copy + delete from old.

Either try Shift-Delete, or if you have the latest version of RoundCube, delete them (which will actually only mark them for deletion) and press "Compact" (lower left).

maxie_ro wrote:

Because the quota is full. Roundcube is trying to move the email to Trash, but that won't work because move = copy + delete from old.

Either try Shift-Delete, or if you have the latest version of RoundCube, delete them (which will actually only mark them for deletion) and press "Compact" (lower left).

Ok. I can delete from roundcube but it take a long time to see the effect. Is that a bug with roundcube or IMAP?

But the disk usage on my roundcube still show 63% full while I have already check there is no more mail inside my maildir...

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9058/89785901.jpg

Below is my dovecot.log

dovecot: Jan 25 15:50:41 Info: IMAP(lee@xxx): Quota root: name= backend=maildir args=
dovecot: Jan 25 15:50:41 Info: IMAP(lee@xxx): Quota rule: root= mailbox=* bytes=10485760 messages=0
dovecot: Jan 25 15:50:41 Info: IMAP(lee@xxx): Quota warning: bytes=8912896 (85%) messages=0 command=/usr/bin/dovecot-quota-warning.sh 85
dovecot: Jan 25 15:50:41 Info: IMAP(lee@xxx): Quota warning: bytes=9437184 (90%) messages=0 command=/usr/bin/dovecot-quota-warning.sh 90
dovecot: Jan 25 15:50:41 Info: IMAP(lee@xxx): Quota warning: bytes=9961472 (95%) messages=0 command=/usr/bin/dovecot-quota-warning.sh 95
dovecot: Jan 25 15:50:41 Info: IMAP(lee@xxx): maildir: data=//var/vmail/vmail01/xxx/lee//Maildir/:INDEX=//var/vmail/vmail01/xxx/lee//Maildir/
dovecot: Jan 25 15:50:41 Info: IMAP(lee@xxx): maildir++: root=//var/vmail/vmail01/xxx/lee//Maildir, index=, control=, inbox=//var/vmail/vmail01/xxx/lee//Maildir
dovecot: Jan 25 15:50:41 Info: IMAP(lee@xxx): Disconnected: Logged out bytes=228/1705

Use "Compact" on all folders.

5 (edited by hata_ph 2010-01-26 09:07:14)

But now the "Compact" option is grey out for all the folder...

EDIT:

I am done clear the disk usage by editing the maildirsize file inside the Maildir......

Do anyone have encounter this kind of problem before?

Can we direct delete any mail using external email program like thunderbird or evolution when connecting to iRedMail via IMAP?

hata_ph, Shift+Delete in thunderbird, then Compact Folder. Or tinker with the settings.

BTW, regarding this topic: Make sure you have extra space for Trash and Junk. E.g.:

plugin {
    quota = maildir
    [.......]
    quota_rule = *:storage=200M
    quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=10%%
    quota_rule3 = Junk:storage=20%%
}

I know I need to compact it in webmail.....but what I plan I don't want to use webmail for my user. Just enable my user to interact with the external email program...

hata_ph wrote:

I know I need to compact it in webmail.....but what I plan I don't want to use webmail for my user. Just enable my user to interact with the external email program...

Thunderbird has "Compact Folder" too...

Really? I will check on it. But is there a way to disable the compact folder step and directly delete email?