Re: Why are you interested in iRedMail?

Because setting up my own email server won't work. And iRedMail is so easy

Easy, fast, and it works. Before I found and installed iRedMail, my custom-built mail server system had suddenly stopped working (suspect cyrus broke). I don't have the kind of time I used to have to play uber computer geek any more, and iRedMail was a lifesaver. Initially, I tried it on Gentoo (my preferred distro), but it didn't work because apt-get is not a Gentoo package, but I set up Ubuntu Server for this.

Zimbra dropped support for my architecture so I went looking for alternatives. This seems to be on better licensing grounds besides.

Easy install and use. Great support in forum smile

55 (edited by mat8861 2015-02-23 06:22:23)

Don't need to be a unix expert to setup, easy to follow guidance provided and for those looking for basic stuff  it's the best opensource mail server.

Easy initial setup
Support is out of this world
Easy to maintain, if you didn't do a bunch of customizations
Steady update cycle

I host 2438 domains with 17496 users

From the solutions that I check to migrate my old MDaemon and zimbra servers iRedMail seems to be the most complete of them, even when I'm using the free version.

It's super fast to deploy and it uses on the backend all the tools that I was used to (postfix, sql databases, dovecot, etc.) This last point was crucial to me. When my zimbra server came down NOBODY ON EARTHcould fix it. Come on, zimbra its a black box, and it uses a lot of esources. Thats another advantage of iRedMail, its super light and I dont have any professional servers at hand.

And of course the online support its great. Every time that I posted some issue, I got a response in less than 30 minutes.

Bottom line Iredmail rocks and it works great for me!!!!

Greetings from Cuba