Topic: Integration with Active Directory

- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP (Active Directory integrated)
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: RH 6.4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:

Hello,
I've successfully installed iRedMail with AD using following tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … y.iRedMail

I have two questions:
Is it possible to use for  different AD atribute than userPrincipalName? For example e-mail address?

Do you know any possibility of making aliases while using AD?

R

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Integration with Active Directory

misieq wrote:

Is it possible to use for  different AD atribute than userPrincipalName? For example e-mail address?

Sure. It's up to you.

misieq wrote:

Do you know any possibility of making aliases while using AD?

is it possible to use mailing list instead of mail alias with AD?

is it possible to use mailing list instead of mail alias with AD?

I think so but I don't know what do you exactly mean. Should I somehow integrate it with mailman or sth like that?

misieq wrote:

I think so but I don't know what do you exactly mean.

As mentioned in our tutorial, you can use group in AD as mail list (or mail alias), related file is /etc/postfix/ad_virtual_group_maps.cf.

hello zhang,
I have successfully running iredmail with your help but still i need some help from you.

I have to use the mail attribute for the login but iredmail is fetching the login id from userPrincipalname how can i change it. Thank You.

gurumurthytamil wrote:

I have to use the mail attribute for the login but iredmail is fetching the login id from userPrincipalname how can i change it. Thank You.

You can change 'userPrincipalname' to 'mail'. It's all up to you -- update Postfix/Dovecot LDAP query files to use 'mail' attribute as login id.

By the way, please always create a new topic for your own question, do not hijack other's topic/thread.