Topic: Amavisd AD integration

Hi Zang,

I have integrated AD with iRedMail (LDAP) and  is working fine.
I need to integrate AD with amavisd for disclaimer how would i do it?
Pls help.

Thank you,

Khan

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Amavisd AD integration

Just pick up one LDAP attribute in AD to store disclaimer text, then dump it to files which can be used in Amavisd.
This is how it works with OpenLDAP backend.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Just pick up one LDAP attribute in AD to store disclaimer text, then dump it to files which can be used in Amavisd.
This is how it works with OpenLDAP backend.

Hi Zhans,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you give me any related article i can follow to achieve this requirement.

Your help is appreciated.

Regards,

Khanb

I don't have related article/link to share, sorry.

If you have iRedAdmin-Pro, you can check the script shipped in iRedAdmin-Pro: tools/dump_disclaimer.py.
You just set correct LDAP server info, and the ldap attribute name which used to store disclaimer text, then it will dump disclaimer text to a plain text file. Then you can update Amavisd setting to use this file as disclaimer file.

Hello,

As i read, disclaimers per users is  possible with LDAP backend ?

I'll be able to attach a disclaimer containing name/surname/adress/phone etc from AD ?

Thanks

nicolasfo wrote:

As i read, disclaimers per users is  possible with LDAP backend ?
I'll be able to attach a disclaimer containing name/surname/adress/phone etc from AD ?

Yes. With Amavisd-new-2.9.0, there's a new LDAP attribute available: amavisDisclaimerOptions. You can set a file name as its value, for example:

amavisDisclaimerOptions=abc@example.com

Since we have below settings in Amavisd, it will check file /etc/postfix/disclaimer/abc@example.com.txt and attach its content as disclaimer:

@altermime_args_disclaimer = qw(--disclaimer=/etc/postfix/disclaimer/_OPTION_.txt --disclaimer-html=/etc/postfix/disclaimer/_OPTION_.txt --force-for-bad-html);