Topic: Relay without verifying local recipients not working

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 1.8.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Debian 7.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

If i enable Relay without verifying local recipients on a domain, the flag is not set on this option but after safing i see that this domain is then a backup MX domain and this is not what i like to do.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Relay without verifying local recipients not working

gaxy wrote:

If i enable Relay without verifying local recipients on a domain, the flag is not set on this option but after safing i see that this domain is then a backup MX domain and this is not what i like to do.

Is the "backup mx" checkbox grey (not checkable)? And there's a tip icon beside "backup mx" checkbox?

no, if it is clickable.

what i do is:
go to the domain, click to the "enable Relay without verifying local recipients on a domain" checkbox and save.

if i then go again to this domain i see thet the "enable Relay without verifying local recipients on a domain" checbox is not marked, so could click it again... .when i go wan page back i see then tat the "backupmx box is checked".

i can then disable the backupmx box again but this means that the value of the "enable Relay without verifying local recipients on a domain" checkbox must be wrong som how...

GaXy

This is a bug in iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.8.1, the newly released 1.8.2 fixes it. Please follow our upgrade tutorial to upgrade iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … .8.1-1.8.2

now i can click on the  "enable Relay without verifying local recipients on a domain" checkbox and save but nothing happen.

after checking, the checkbox is still not marked anymore...

Did you set a valid/proper relay or still use 'dovecot' as relay? If you're using 'dovecot', it's a local transport, not a relay. Please use a proper relay like 'smtp:xxx:25' instead, it's described in the right side.

hmmm i would say that this is not what i like to do or how i understand it:

i am under the domain settings-->relay

Relay/Transport Setting : here i have dovecot, ok

Description on the right:
Received emails will be relayed to specified server.
Per-user relay setting will override per-domain relay setting you set in this page.

but there is also a checkbox:
Relay without verifying local recipients

and if i click to that box, it is never saved.

i see now what you mean, i was thinking that i can use this checkbax to have a acound on this domain .. a relay@doman.abc
and i can use this relay user then to send mails as Someotheruser@somedomain.zxy

i change the settings in main.cf so that i can do that but with that setting on, all can fake ther mailaddess easy.

I don't quite understand what you really want/expect.

If you want to perform smtp authentication as 'relay@domain.abc', but make the email looks like sent by 'some_other_user@', you can simply remove 'reject_sender_login_mismatch' in Postfix, then update setting in your mail client application to achieve this.

If this is what you want, then 'relay' is not what you're looking for.

yes this was the thing that i have done allready.
i was just thinking i can use this to allow it only on a domain and not globaly.

this is done for me now.
thank you for your help.