Topic: POP3 not working
==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: debian 7
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
sorry, if this has been asked before... is there a way to search this forum???
I am running iredMail and the admin for some weeks now, all is well, now I am migrating the first customer... they have an MS Exchange-Box fetching the Mail by POP3 and it does not work.
- Accounts are working on roundcube and IMAP
- I cannot telnet pop3 port like
telnet MYHOST 110
telnet: connect to address MYIP: Host is down
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
For dovecot I found the following page http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SSL/DovecotConfiguration offering a test command:
openssl s_client -connect MYHOST:pop3s
connect: Host is down
I have the feeling that the pop3 deamon is not runing at all... but with a POP3checker I get the error mentioned here:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … t.STARTTLS
Plaintext authentication disallowed on non-secure (SSL/TLS) connections
What shall/can I do???
I did not do anything to the dovecot config ;-)
- Urgent issue? Pay iRedMail developer to solve it remotely at $39.