1 (edited by Mauricio76 2014-05-08 02:42:18)

Topic: DataBase Error: Connection Failed!

DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!

Well, my company has an iredmail solution, version is 8.0.6 and version Pro, but the server crashed so we installed a fresh version in other server over CentOS 6.5.

We migrated all data base and copied users folders and there isn't any problem, we can access mail with right password,we can send and receive emails,  but when the server restarted we have this error on roundcube....DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED! and iredadmin this error....Server internal error

Server don't send and receive emails, please help us with this issue.

Thank you!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: DataBase Error: Connection Failed!

All config files (.conf files) need to be checked against the database for the right user/pass settings.

You can find these in the 'tips' file from the previous installation or the old mail send to the 'postmaster' mail account.
Do you have these saved/backed up?

If the database tables for iRedMail were successfully restored as you mention, you could also reset the user/pass data there,
and then set these in the right config files (subdirs of the webserver) and in /etc.

--
LD

Hi
Sometimes mysql doesn't work, I don't remember all databases but if you are sure that users and passwords are same old server, you can skip mysql restore, but make restore others databases.
Good luck!

Thank you to lderksen and Israelnx, I followed Israelnx instructions and now it is working fine, thanks!