Topic: Problem mailing between two domains hosted on same system

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:  0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS
====

I have multiple domains set up in my iRedMail system. let's call them abc.com and cba.com. When I try to send mail from abc.com to cba.com, I am given an error that says:

"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  5.7.1 <anthonyp@cba.com>: Recipient address rejected: Invalid HELO/EHLO; HRP limit exceeded. Please check the message recipient anthonyp@cba.com and try again."

I've validated that the user IS a valid user so that's not the problem and the problem does not occur if I try to mail from cba.com to abc.com. 

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong or how I can fix this?

Thanks!
Anthony

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Problem mailing between two domains hosted on same system

Check your SQL table "cluebringer.checkhelo", there's one record with "name=Enable HELO/EHLO check", please update the value of column 'usehrp' to 0 and try again.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Check your SQL table "cluebringer.checkhelo", there's one record with "name=Enable HELO/EHLO check", please update the value of column 'usehrp' to 0 and try again.

Thank you, Zhang, that worked! One question though: does this effect security in any way? I understand it makes the anti-spam system more permissive but should have no effect on security, right?

Anthony

It's just spam fighting, not related to security.