Topic: IRedmail Pro - LDAP installation from scratch

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6 PRO
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu LTS 12.0.4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hi ZhangHuangbin ,

I just purchased iRedmail Pro LDAP and i want to install on Ubuntu Server 12.04 from scratch. Could you please help me to setup step by step since i don't want to take risk as im migrating 500 users from other exchange server.

And i also need to remove password complexity function.

Thank you for your as usual support.

regards,
Shaik

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: IRedmail Pro - LDAP installation from scratch

Hi Shaik,

Thanks very much for your purchase.

*) To install iRedMail, please follow this installation guide strictly: http://www.iredmail.org/install_iredmail_on_ubuntu.html
*) To install iRedAdmin-Pro, please follow this migration guide: http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … ro/OSE-Pro

Thank you,
I have successfully migrated to iRedmail LDAP 2.1.1 and tested.

I have struck with one problem could you please help me to solve asap. I have only one day to migrate all users to iRedmail:-(

We have an ISP mailserver hosted and im using fetchamail to download the emails from ISP.

But all mailboxes are not in iRedmail server some are in ISP. so when we sent an email to non existing mailbox from iredmail it should forward to our ISP server and deliver to the receptive mailbox of same domain.

Please let me know how to configure.

I have enable catchall option but still im not receiving emails on ISP mailbox.

regards,
Shaik

Create same users on iRedMail as on ISP server, but set per-user relay (with iRedAdmin-Pro) to ISP server. For example, user 'abc@domain.com' should not be hosted on your iRedMail server:

- Login to iRedAdmin-Pro on iRedMail server.
- Create user 'abc@domain.com'
- Go to user profile page, click tab 'Relay', set proper value to relay email to your ISP. For example: smtp:[IP_of_your_ISP]:25

It should work for you. If it doesn't, please show us your relay setting and paste related log in Postfix log file here so that others can help troubleshoot.

Thanks a Ton,
Its working. Well i have hundreds of users and i have to configure relay to every non existing mailbox on iRedmail Server.

*************Can you just develop an option that can forward all non existing users to another sever in one click***********

Is their any option to import all users from another server (Eg: PEER1 Hosting)

regards,
Shaik

shaiktharim wrote:

*************Can you just develop an option that can forward all non existing users to another sever in one click***********

Script cannot know which users not exist on your server.

shaiktharim wrote:

Is their any option to import all users from another server (Eg: PEER1 Hosting)

What do you mean "import"? Import mail accounts and/or mailboxes?

- To import mail accounts, please check scripts shipped within iRedMail: tools/create_mail_user_*
- To import mailboxes, iRedMail configures Postfix/Dovecot to store mails in Maildir format, should be easy for migration.

Thanks,
I added manually all users.

well i have added more than 200 users and im facing difficulty in searching the users:-(
Only 50 users aredisplaying in a page and moreover their is no user search option?
Please help..!!!

Can i display all users in one page atleast? is their any tool to search users under domains?

thanks in advance.

regards,
Shaik

How can i restrict a user sending email to other domains? I want user to send emails only to his domain users?

Is their any option?

Thanks

shaiktharim wrote:

im facing difficulty in searching the users:-(
Only 50 users aredisplaying in a page and moreover their is no user search option?

1: To display more accounts in a page, please APPEND below setting in your iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP config file (settings.py):

PAGE_SIZE_LIMIT = 100

you can increase the number if you want.

2: You can see a search box on top-right corner on every page.

shaiktharim wrote:

How can i restrict a user sending email to other domains? I want user to send emails only to his domain users?

Go to this user's profile page, click tab "White/Blacklist" to add restrictions. Screenshot for your reference:

http://www.iredmail.org/images/iredadmin/user_profile_restrictions.png

Excellent..!!!!!
Thanks for your help.