Topic: Using recipient_delimiters config option

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (/MySQL/):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi is it possible to use the postfix "recipient_delimiters" option to specify multiple values. I'm migrating from a qmail install so have currently used minus (-) to delimit my addresses but want to support the postfix (+) method as well. However, if I change the main.cf to use recipient_delimiters, then when I send an email using either of the delimiters I get an "unknown user in virtual mailbox table" error. Using recipient_delimiter with either value works fine.

Am I missing something or is this config not supported?

Thanks

John

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Using recipient_delimiters config option

With Postfix 2.11 and later, you can use multiple delimiters. Reference:
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html# … _delimiter

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

With Postfix 2.11 and later, you can use multiple delimiters. Reference:
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html# … _delimiter

I'm currently running postfix 2.11:

>postconf -d | grep mail_version
mail_version = 2.11.0

but recipient_delimiters seems to be ignored as I still get a user unknown error. Do I need to specify it anywhere else such as the dovecot configuration for example? I haven't changed any other config options/files other than adding it to main.cf

Also bizarrely, postconf lists recipient_delimiter as being blank even though it is set and works as expected if changed.

Thanks

OK, fixed it, the documents on the web are slightly confusing. The actual parameter is still recipient_delimiter and not with an 's' at the end as implied by various items on the web. This all works fine now.

I reported this typo error in Postfix mailing list moment ago, hope they will fix it soon.