1 (edited by lhiggs 2014-03-29 22:30:47)

Topic: Does using amavisd --release train spamassassin?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.5 64bit
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I have two questions, when you release a quarantined email with amavisd-release <mail-id> will this affect spam assassin's scoring for future emails of this type, i.e. does it effect spam assassin learning or bayes learning?

The second question is that when I release a spam it seems to remove the previous X-Spam scoring and testing information from the email headers, can I configure it to retain this header information or access this information elsewhere somehow?

Thank you!
Luke

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Does using amavisd --release train spamassassin?

lhiggs wrote:

when you release a quarantined email with amavisd-release <mail-id> will this affect spam assassin's scoring for future emails of this type, i.e. does it effect spam assassin learning or bayes learning?

No.

lhiggs wrote:

when I release a spam it seems to remove the previous X-Spam scoring and testing information from the email headers, can I configure it to retain this header information or access this information elsewhere somehow?

I'm afraid that it's better to ask in Amavisd mailing list. http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#support

Re: Does using amavisd --release train spamassassin?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
lhiggs wrote:

when you release a quarantined email with amavisd-release <mail-id> will this affect spam assassin's scoring for future emails of this type, i.e. does it effect spam assassin learning or bayes learning?

No.

lhiggs wrote:

when I release a spam it seems to remove the previous X-Spam scoring and testing information from the email headers, can I configure it to retain this header information or access this information elsewhere somehow?

I'm afraid that it's better to ask in Amavisd mailing list. http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#support

Great, thank you. It looks like I can access this information in the amavisd->quarantine table and reference the mail_id. There doesn't appear to be a way to configure amavisd to retain this header information on released emails.