1 (edited by lostinignorance 2014-03-25 10:27:56)

Topic: Local Relay

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 10
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

So, I know this is probably an easy question, but I have only been using iRedMail for about 3 weeks now (still pretty new but so far am loving it).  I am trying to configure it to relay messages to itself from internal systems.  For example an email update from my backup unit that it has kicked onto backup power.
I am trying to get it to send smtp messages to the server, but it keeps erroring out.  I decided to do a basic telnet to try to go through the motions.  Everything seems to work up until the point of recipient.  When I input my email address on the iRedMail server, I end up getting this as an error: Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
The user exists and I tried running some of the commands shown on this forum entry.  I get a return on the command of: vmail1/[domain]/./././user-date.time//MailDir/

What am I doing wrong on the config?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Local Relay

*) Please enable SMTP authentication for sending email.
*) When you report issue, please show us how you test it, with detailed commands (and output).

I have tried the changes outlined in your FAQ here, but there aren't any locations to modify the settings on FreeBSD.  I did a search for pf.conf on the entire file system and only two sample files showed up.  Where is this file?

Looks like i didn't make myself clear, i'm sorry about this.

I mean, you should enable SMTP authentication in your mail client program, or the smtp session with telnet. Not "enable SMTPS service in Postfix".

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I mean, you should enable SMTP authentication in your mail client program, or the smtp session with telnet. Not "enable SMTPS service in Postfix".

I have done this on the client.  I still cannot send test emails from the UPS.

Testing externally using testtls.com I get

[003.260]         TLS successfully started on this server
[003.775]     ~~>     MAIL FROM: <test@checktls.com>
[003.842]     <~~     250 2.1.0 Ok
[003.842]         Sender is OK
[003.842]     ~~>     RCPT TO: <nick@####>
[003.973]     <~~     451 4.7.1 <nick@####>: Recipient address rejected: Greylisting in effect, please come back later
[003.974]         Cannot proof e-mail address (reason: RCPT TO rejected)
[003.974]         Note: This does not affect the CheckTLS Confidence Factor
[003.974]     ~~>     QUIT
[004.038]     <~~     221 2.0.0 Bye

This is greylisting.

Obviously, you didn't enable smtp auth during this testing.

Where am I/how do I add this feature then?

It depend on your email client program...
Let take mailx as example, you need to key in smtp-auth-user and smtp-auth-password for SMTP authentication

mailx -v -s "$EMAIL_SUBJECT" \
-S smtp-auth=login \
-S smtp=smtp://smtp.gmail.com:587 \
-S from="$FROM_EMAIL_ADDRESS($FRIENDLY_NAME)" \
-S smtp-auth-user=$FROM_EMAIL_ADDRESS \
-S smtp-auth-password=$EMAIL_ACCOUNT_PASSWORD \
$TO_EMAIL_ADDRESS

http://linux.die.net/man/1/mailx

9 (edited by lostinignorance 2014-08-29 10:08:20)

So, I thought I'd try this again. I am still trying to get this running.

Let me describe my setup a little better.  I have iredmail running in a dmz which is on a different subnet compared to my local lan.  My local lan has a unifi controler for my wireless.  I also have a APC network UPS on that LAN.

Apparently my ups management card and unifi controller only seem to support port 25 with no authentication (technically the unifi supports the port 465 ssl standard).

I would like to add that any mail coming from x.x.x.x with the from address of unifi@xxxx.com is accepted over port 25.
I tried this with no luck.  There is no postfix folder under /etc to work with. How do I get this to work?

lostinignorance wrote:

I tried this with no luck.  There is no postfix folder under /etc to work with. How do I get this to work?

No /etc/postfix? Which Linux/BSD distribution are you running?

Linux and OpenBSD have /etc/postfix/, FreeBSD has /usr/local/etc/postfix.

11 (edited by lostinignorance 2014-08-30 09:53:48)

I have modified the settings and still cannot get email to relay or send through iredmail.
All I am looking for is to receive email alerts from equipment on a different subnet on the same internal network over plain old port 25 using iredmail.
Where am I going wrong?  I am very new when it comes to anything that makes iredmail work.

I am trying telnet and I keep getting back the error:
550 5.1.0 <unifi@xxxx.com>: Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

lostinignorance wrote:

over plain old port 25 using iredmail.

I think you should disable 'smtpd_tls_auth_only=yes' in Postfix /etc/postfix/main.cf and try again.

lostinignorance wrote:

550 5.1.0 <unifi@xxxx.com>: Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

You need this tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … entication