Topic: Web Panel and Webmail not working

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,

I recently installed iRedMail on to a VPS and although the installation completed successfully neither the web admin panel nor the webmail are working. The webmail gives me an error of "
DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED! Unable to connect to the database!" and the admin panel gives me "internal server error". This installation of iRedMail was done with MySQL, Apache and PHP already installed on the VPS, is this what has caused the error and does anyone have any idea how to fix this? The webmail is not critical but the admin panel is very important so if only one can be fixed please help with that.

Regards,

Alex

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Web Panel and Webmail not working

Have you restarted the server after installation?

Try stopping mysql service and remove following:

rm -i /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

and then restart mysqld service and see if your issue gets resolved.

Re: Web Panel and Webmail not working

alexmann1234 wrote:

This installation of iRedMail was done with MySQL, Apache and PHP already installed on the VPS, is this what has caused the error and does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

It's clearly mentioned that iRedMail requires a FRESH server which doesn't have these components installed. Please try again with a new, fresh server OS.
Reference: http://www.iredmail.org/install_iredmai … quirements