1

Topic: Upgrade from 1.6.0 -> 1.8.1

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 1.6.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi guys,

We´ve deployed iredAdmin-Pro-MySQL v1.6.0 and we want to upgrade to 1.8.1. As described in the official documentation page, such deployment has to be from 1.6.0 to 1.7.0, and then finally to 1.8.1 ( three steps ), but I need to download 1.7.0 gz and we´re only able to download the latest release ( 1.8.1 ).

Could you please point me in the right way to securely achieve that upgrade?

Thanks in advance,

Kind Regards

2

Re: Upgrade from 1.6.0 -> 1.8.1

You can upgrade from iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.6.0 to 1.8.1 directly, but you must upgrade iRedMail to the latest iRedMail-0.8.6 first.

3

Re: Upgrade from 1.6.0 -> 1.8.1

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You can upgrade from iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.6.0 to 1.8.1 directly, but you must upgrade iRedMail to the latest iRedMail-0.8.6 first.

I have working server with iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.7.0 and I'm trying to upgrade to 1.8.1
How I can in correct way determine the current iRedMail version on my server?
server works on RHEL6.

4

Re: Upgrade from 1.6.0 -> 1.8.1

hrens wrote:

How I can in correct way determine the current iRedMail version on my server?

Do you have file /etc/iredmail-release?

5

Re: Upgrade from 1.6.0 -> 1.8.1

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
hrens wrote:

How I can in correct way determine the current iRedMail version on my server?

Do you have file /etc/iredmail-release?

No, I don't have this file.

6

Re: Upgrade from 1.6.0 -> 1.8.1

Did you check file /etc/postfix/mysql/*.cf? they should contain iRedMail release version number too.

7

Re: Upgrade from 1.6.0 -> 1.8.1

NO, those files ( /etc/postfix/mysql/*.cf )  don't contains any refererences to iredmail version.

8

Re: Upgrade from 1.6.0 -> 1.8.1

hrens wrote:

NO, those files ( /etc/postfix/mysql/*.cf )  don't contains any refererences to iredmail version.

How about these files:

/etc/httpd/conf.d/roundcubemail.conf
/etc/logrotate.d/dovecot

9

Re: Upgrade from 1.6.0 -> 1.8.1

Yes, both files contains version number.
Version:  0.7.3

What is the correct way for upgrate to 1.8.1 ?

10

Re: Upgrade from 1.6.0 -> 1.8.1

hrens wrote:

Yes, both files contains version number.
Version:  0.7.3

What is the correct way for upgrate to 1.8.1 ?

You have to upgrade iRedMail from 0.7.3 to the latest 0.8.6 first, then it's ok to upgrade iRedAdmin-Pro to 1.8.1 directly.
Upgrade tutorials for iRedMail are available here:
http://www.iredmail.org/doc.html#upgrade_tutorial

11

Re: Upgrade from 1.6.0 -> 1.8.1

Thanks for help! seems all fworks fine.