Topic: Over ride checking of local domain and send out email

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I am new to this forum, I apologize for for lack of understand of rules.

I am testing this email package and it is great.
I am hosting my own domain "example.com" on the localhost.

I do not want any emails being delivery to the local "iRedMail" server. I want it to send all the email out, can you please show me how I can accomplish this? Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Over ride checking of local domain and send out email

Sorry, i don't quite understand what your really want.

You host mail domain 'example.com', and want to send out emails to '@example.com' to anther server? They why do you host this domain locally? Why not simply host another domain name like 'sub.example.com' and send to '@example.com'?

My email is hosted with a hosting company.

I want to use iredmail as a smtp server only, mainly if the hosted email service is down, I can still send out emails.

The problem is that when I sends email out to user@example.com, the email is being stored locally, I do not want it to store locally, I want it to send out to the hosting company's email server.

How can I configure the iRedmail to perform to do that? You mention making an edit to the MTA (Postfix), can you provide me with the details?

Thanks

If you host domain 'example.com', all emails sent to '@example.com' will be delivered locally. How about host another domain name like 'sub.example.com' and send to '@example.com'? You can configure Postfix to masquerade 'sub.example.com' as 'example.com'.

host another domain name like 'sub.example.com' and send to '@example.com'?
I will try this, does it affect the email being marked as SPAM?

I want the emails that are sent out FROM user@example.com not user@sub.example.com

How would I make this work? Do I need to add example.com as the domain or it is not needed?
How can I configure Postfix to masquerade 'sub.example.com' as 'example.com'.?
Does this affect the rating of the email being sent out?

Thanks for all your answers and help.