Topic: Large files filling Up HDDs?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos 6,4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: -
====

I'm having some difficulty locating any large files that may be taking up space on the HDD's.

This is mostly due to my /var/vmail/vmail1/ being very large.

I've only been able to find 2 major sources of disk consumption, those being:
/var/vmail/backups/mysql/*
and
/var/log/*

Is there anywhere else that large files are being stored? We keep running into HDD space issues but I can't seem to locate the source of the issue.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Large files filling Up HDDs?

amora wrote:

/var/vmail/backups/mysql/*

Files under /var/vmail/backup/ were generated by iRedMail backup script, you can find it in root user's cron job.

amora wrote:

/var/log/*

These are system log files. You can rotate them and keep few backup copies with logrotate config file /etc/logrotate.conf and extra config files under /etc/logrotate.d/*.

Correct, I've already identified those directories.

Mysql dumps are dropped onto a share, the log files, rotate as usual.

What I meant to say was, is there another areas where large files are being stored, without my knowledge?

amora wrote:

What I meant to say was, is there another areas where large files are being stored, without my knowledge?

No.

*) iRedMail stores mailboxes under /var/vmail/vmail* by default, and backup SQL/LDAP data under /var/vmail/backup/.
*) Postfix stores its mail queue under /var/spool/postfix.