Topic: Sometime iRedMail SMTP error.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====Hi,

we using iRedMail into our enviroment, iRedMail actually has only 7 domains on it. Customer that use iRedMail as SMTP to send mail has no problem, and if you write from user1@domain.tld  to user2@domain.tld  the system perform local delivery.

2 of our customer want to use an antispam service to check outgoing spam. With an email from random domain everything work.. it arrive on antispam and after all check mail is passed to iRedMail and delivered.
Problems pop up when user1@domain.tld  write to  user2@domain.tld; user1 send mail to Antispam, and it deliver directly to iRedMail.  At this point iRedMail  get a mail from 1 of his domain but that come from another server and often refuse it.

check attachment for one of those error, NDR generated. (i deleted IP and domain name for privacy),  anyone is able to help troubleshoot the problem/bug ?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Sometime iRedMail SMTP error.

Your log (NDR) says:
Sender address rejected: not logged in

I don´t know how your antispam works, but it seems that it does no authentification when the mail is passed to your iredmail server.
If you can´t teach your Antispam to authenticate, you can deactivate the check in iredmail (see http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html# … _mismatch)

Hi PaVuk,

This can have sense if this always happen.  At that point i agree with an authentication problem,  but in this case it only happen if the sender domain is the same of receiving domain, other mail works fine and this has no sense for me.

i'm wrong ?

If your domain 'domain.tld' is hosted on your server, email sent from other server which has sender address 'xxx@domain.ltd' is considered as FAKE/FORGED. That's why Postfix on your server rejected this email.

To solve this issue, you can try to add IP address of external server to Postfix parameter "mynetworks =" in /etc/postfix/main.cf.

Hi Zhang,

thanks for your suggestion, i changed main.cf and seems everything is working now.

thanks a lot