- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.8.6 + iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL 1.8.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7.4.0 amd64
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hello,
I'd like change defaul password length (8), individually, for newly added domain or users in iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL. For example, I''d set the min. length from 6 to 10 letters (default 8 letters is too much complicated to remember for some users, for other users 10 letters is still too short...).

Of course, I found I can do that in menu>  Domains and Accounts - Advanced - Minimum password length / Maximum password length, but changing values DONT TAKE ANY EFFECT.  I can't make password for new email with 6 chars, only 8 is still allowed.  What is wrong?  Maybe bug?

For that moment I did workaround by editing config files:
/usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/settings.py
/usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/plugins/password/config.inc.php
But this affect all domains and users.

I'm not sure if there exist any logical connection betwen IRedAdmin and RoundCube password plugin.
THX for answer.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Rules for password changing

zacek wrote:

Of course, I found I can do that in menu>  Domains and Accounts - Advanced - Minimum password length / Maximum password length, but changing values DONT TAKE ANY EFFECT.  I can't make password for new email with 6 chars, only 8 is still allowed.  What is wrong?  Maybe bug?

iRedAdmin-Pro has a global setting in /usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/settings.py, and you can also set per-domain setting. The point is, if minimal password length in per-domain setting is smaller than global setting, iRedAdmin-Pro will use global setting.

So, please try to decrease global setting to 6, then restart Apache service and try again.

I see. Thank you very much for explanation.

Is there any connection with RoundCube?  I suppose that this is another peace od software and has own rules nad I only one global settings in "/usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/plugins/password/config.inc.php". Is my conclusion true? Is there any way how ho set individual passwd rules from iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL to RoundCube?

Thank you.

Roundcube uses its own settings, so your conclusion is right. And i'm afraid that there's no easy to to set one rule for both iRedAdmin-Pro and Roundcube.

Thank you.
/You can close tihis task./