Topic: Aliases under iRedMail?
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: latest version
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: /var/log/mail.log
Pardon me if this question has been asked. Please point me to the URL that answers it so I can try to get aliases to work?
I have several mail aliases that point to a common address. I've tried adding the aliases to /etc/aliases as well as /etc/postfix/aliases. I've run the "newaliases" command in both instances. No matter what I try I get the error:
Feb 10 10:53:09 alpha postfix/smtpd: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 550 5.1.1 <email@example.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<firstname.lastname@example.org> to=<email@example.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]>
What step am I missing? What do I need to do to get aliasing to work?
Thank you in advance!
- Urgent issue? Pay iRedMail developer to solve it remotely at $39.