- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,
From some political reasons I need to use two iRedMail servers: one with LDAP backend (users in Active Directory) and second one mysql (for non-ad users)
Those two servers will handle internal mail traffic for one domain (in example: domain.tld).
In some cases I need to 'force' them to route traffic to second server.
My first thought was a transport_map (AD/SQL users can be distinguished by some patterns)
Unluckily if I try to send email to user from different backend I get an error "recipient address rejected, user not known in virtual alias table"
Can you suggest me some solution

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Splitting users between two servers

Postfix will reject smtp session if recipient doesn't exist on local server, so you have to sync mail accounts between two servers to avoid this error.

You don't need to sync all info about mail accounts, just let postfix can get a transport by querying transport_maps. For example, writing your own tcp transport program. Check postfix manual page "tcp_table" for more details.

Contact me directly (zhb _at_ iredmail.org) if you're willing to pay me to help solve it.