Topic: iredadmin unable to connect

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail-0.8.6:
- Store mail accounts in which backend : MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian
====
I'm currently having issues with iredadmin, it doesn't seem to be able to connect to the ldap database. When I try to log in I get the following message:
Error: Password of cn=vmailadmin is incorrect.

Following advice on another issues in this forum, I verified the user details in the iredmail.tips. The bind details were different, so I copied the bind details from iredmail.tips in to the setting.py. I then got the following message:
Error: Username or password is incorrect.

The user password details are correct, and they work fine with roundcube.

The mail server has been working fine and I haven't altered the settings the /usr/share/apache2/iRedAdmin-0.3/settings.py

hope you can help, thanks in advance

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iredadmin unable to connect

*) Did you verify dn and password of 'cn=vmailadmin' manually (on command line)? like below:

# ldapsearch -x -D 'cn=vmailadmin,dc=xx,dc=xx' -W -b 'o=domains,dc=xx,dc=xx' "(objectClass=mailUser)"

*) If above command works and returns correct LDIF info, could you please paste output of below command to help troubleshoot? Please replace "user@domain.com" by the real email address you used to login in below command.

# ldapsearch -x -D 'cn=vmailadmin,dc=xx,dc=xx' -W -b 'o=domains,dc=xx,dc=xx' "(&(objectClass=mailUser)(mail=user@domain.com))"

Both vmail and vmailadmin work fine when I log into phpldapadmin, I can view all the users in the domains.

user: vmail

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <o=domains,dc=encir123,dc=mini123,dc=com> with scope subtree
# filter: (&(objectClass=support@123.org)(mail=support@123.org))
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

user: vmailadmin listed below, these were the original login details:

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <o=domains,dc=encir123,dc=mini123,dc=com> with scope subtree
# filter: (&(objectClass=support@123.org)(mail=support@123.org))
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

Solved with a paid support ticket. http://www.iredmail.org/support.html