Topic: Not able to install iRedMail

I am trying to setup a mail server for basic emails. Instead of having to pay Google/etc to host them.

The first time I installed I opted for the firewall which screwed up everything.
I did not know the firewall had to do with IPtables - new to this type of thing.

I pretty much wiped my /var/www/ folder excluding my sites..

Later found out how to reset the IP tables via http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-ipt … rules.html but it was too late.

I attempted to reinstall iRedMail - it acts like it reinstalls but I can not figure out where I would relog into.
I have even tried the bash clear_iredmail.sh - it looks like it uninstalls everything -> but I have to manually accept each file to rm.

I keep saying attempt as when I try to do something else, it always gives me some problems such as it can not remove some file, because soso file is missing..

Every time I install, I am unable to access my sites, and have to reset the iptables.

I have even setup a virtual machine with debian and attempted to install but I can not access the mail login..

I have cycled through this process >5 times and it is getting very frustrating. I just want to remove iRedMail completely.. would like to get it going but I am not sure it will be possible.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Not able to install iRedMail

I would be willing to pay for one to log in and simply install iredmail (though it may need thoroughly cleaned out before install).

Or it can be installed on a VM, just I am unsure how to unblock it in my network and access it in the future that way.

Hi kyij,

To reinstall iRedMail, the easiest way is reinstall server OS then install iRedMail.

I'm not sure what problem/issue you got during/after iRedMail installation, but it should be very easy if you follow our installation guide strictly: http://www.iredmail.org/install_iredmail_on_debian.html

If you still want to pay me to install it (on a fresh/clean server), please mail me directly: support _at_ iredmail.org.

I have ZFS running with 33TB of storage. I do not have other mediums to hold data til then.

It may be possible to do fresh install and reinitialize ZFS but I would have to confirm.

Is it possible to install on a VM? As I would rather not mess with current installation.

kyij wrote:

Is it possible to install on a VM? As I would rather not mess with current installation.

Sure. iRedMail works well in a virtual machine like Xen/KVM/VirtualBox/VMware.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
kyij wrote:

Sure. iRedMail works well in a virtual machine like Xen/KVM/VirtualBox/VMware.

Ok. Well I installed it on VirtualBox but am unsure how to access it after it was installed.

Please check VirtualBox documentation instead.