Topic: Fresh installation, Login failed - no users in db?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  PGSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: debian 7
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: where to find?
====

Hi, I installed iRedMail and the iRedMail admin panel works fine. I can add new users. I cannot however log into roundcube - not with the user listed i iRedMail.tips file and not with the users that i created. It always says "login failed". Furthermore the "users" table in the roundcubemail db does not contain any users/data. Can you guys tell me what is wrong here?
If you need logfiles or anything please tell me (and where to find) as i am not that familiar with iredmail yet.

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Fresh installation, Login failed - no users in db?

*) Mail users are stored in SQL table "vmail.mailbox", not in Roundcube database.
*) Is there any related error log in Postfix log file (/var/log/mail.log)?

3 (edited by luckynrslevin 2014-02-12 07:53:34)

Hi, sorry for the long waiting time!

In the table vmail.mailbox i can see our userdata (username [emailadress], password, etc.).

I put the logfile as attachement (domain censored) but i couldnt get any information from it. Maybe you know what the messages mean?

No error log in this file at all, especially no log related to webmail login.

So it seems that is an issue with roundcube right? How does roundcube decide if a user-id is allowed to login? Is that information saved in roundcube db or does roundcube fetches the info from vmail.mailbox?

Roundcube authenticates user against IMAP server, so it's decided by IMAP server (Dovecot).