1 (edited by harm 2014-01-30 22:05:14)

Topic: Problem with iRedMail dovecot's replication plugin (dovecot 2.0.21)

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:  iRedMail-0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  RHEL 6.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: see below
====

Trying to use replication with dsync between two servers. Following instructions from http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Replication I added the following in dovecot.conf:
mail_plugins = $mail_plugins notify replication
service replicator {
process_min_avail = 1
}
dsync_remote_cmd = ssh -l%{login} %{host} doveadm dsync-server -u%u
plugin {
        mail_replica = remote:vmail@{IP_OF_SERVER2}
}

service aggregator {
fifo_listener replication-notify-fifo {
user=vmail
}
unix_listener replication-notify {
user=vmail
}
}

replication_max_conns = 10

However when starting the service (dovecot) the following error occurs:
Starting Dovecot Imap: doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 291: Unknown setting: dsync_remote_cmd
doveconf: Error: managesieve-login: dump-capability process returned 89
doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 291: Unknown setting: dsync_remote_cmd

Also when running doveadm the following error displays:
doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 291: Unknown setting: dsync_remote_cmd

Commenting the relevant setting I had to address another error message:
doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf: service(replicator): executable is empty

Looking at /usr/lib64/dovecot I can not find any file relevant to "replication"

So what is going wrong? Version 2.0.21 of dovecot rpm shipped with iRedMail does not support replication? Is that possible, since dovecot's wiki page talks about support to all versions >2.0 even though it is better supported to version 2.2
Should I upgrade the following packages
dovecot-2.0.21-0_136.el6.x86_64.rpm
dovecot-pigeonhole-0.2.6-22.el6.x86_64.rpm

from another RPM? (e.g.  http://packages.atrpms.net/dist/el6/dovecot/ and http://packages.atrpms.net/dist/el6/dov … ole-0.3.x/ )
What do you suggest?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Problem with iRedMail dovecot's replication plugin (dovecot 2.0.21)

*) It's recommended to use Dovecot-2.2 for dsync, it fixes many bugs for dsync.
*) Yes you can use Dovecot RPMs provided by atrpms. The one in iRedMail yum repository comes from ATrpms too.

3 (edited by harm 2014-01-30 23:37:56)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

*) Yes you can use Dovecot RPMs provided by atrpms. The one in iRedMail yum repository comes from ATrpms too.

Well ok, thanks for the reply above. I downloaded dovecot-2.2.10-1_14.el6.x86_64.rpm, dovecot-managesieve-0.4.2-32.1.el6.x86_64.rpm and dovecot-pigeonhole-0.4.2-32.1.el6.x86_64.rpm but trying to install them I got missing perl and several dependencies problems (dovecot-mysql and dovecot-pgsql). I installed perl-JSON-XS through yum, however trying to rpm -ih I had both dependencies and conflicts. How safe is it to override them with --nodeps --force? I am afraid nothing will be working after... I also didn't manage to find packages dovecot-mysql and dovecot-pgsql from the atrpms website...

What do you advise?

harm wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Well ok, thanks for the reply above. I downloaded dovecot-2.2.10-1_14.el6.x86_64.rpm, dovecot-managesieve-0.4.2-32.1.el6.x86_64.rpm and dovecot-pigeonhole-0.4.2-32.1.el6.x86_64.rpm but trying to install them I got missing perl and several dependencies problems (dovecot-mysql and dovecot-pgsql). I installed perl-JSON-XS through yum, however trying to rpm -ih I had both dependencies and conflicts. How safe is it to override them with --nodeps --force? I am afraid nothing will be working after... I also didn't manage to find packages dovecot-mysql and dovecot-pgsql from the atrpms website...

What do you advise?

Well I managed to install it after all with rpm -Uv.
Everything seems to be working fine until now...
I will test the replication and contribute for the rest!