1 (edited by fabien.hespul 2014-04-09 19:42:57)

Topic: [Solved] Postfix queue very slow to be processed

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Wheezy
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

After reading lot of things about this problem on iredmail forums, i can't find a solution : The postfix queue is very slow to be processed on my server.
The problem focuses on local delivery, sometime it can take up to 1hour for a message to be delivered to a user whereas there is only 40/50 messages in the postfix queue.
When i look at CPU usage, it turn around 99% of idle... but sometime, amavis wake up for few seconds, then nothings during 30 sec or 1min.
The machine on which is installed iredmail is largely oversized for our use.
I don't understand what the hell postfix is waiting for to deliver messages.

Please help me to debug this.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: [Solved] Postfix queue very slow to be processed

Does it work if you force Postfix to re-deliver queued emails with "postqueue -f"?

The command has no effect

Any related error/warning log in Dovecot/Postfix log files?

If you want to pay me to help solve it remotely, check this page: http://www.iredmail.org/support.html

Hi,
No, nothing in log. Everything seems to be "normal".
My problem seems to be similar to this one :
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic6169 … ivery.html

Are Amavisd and ClamAV service running?

I think yes :

# service clamav-daemon status
[ ok ] clamd is running.
# service amavis status
[ ok ] amavisd is running.

It's hard to help troubleshoot without related log. Sorry. sad

Ok, we success to solve this issue.
The main problem was a DNS problem.
SpamAssassin use a python library which seems to use the first DNS server in /etc/resolv.conf (on debian).
Or in our server this file was misconfigured because the first DNS server was inexistent which cause SA to wait the 20s timeout when it try to get DKIM DNS entry of a domain.
(In our case the first DNS server specified in resolv.conf was 127.0.0.1 but without any DNS server installed on the system)

By the way, we improve perf by increasing the number of amavis simultaneous process to 10.

Thanks to ZhangHuangbin support ticket to help solve this issue.

Hi I know I shouldn't be hijacking thread but I have a similar issue. Emails are delivered late when our primary dns is down. But the server has 3 configured DNS server in it's /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/network/interfaces.
It seems that the server does not use the secondary DNS when resolving emails domains? Any suggestions on how can I confirm this? And why is this behavior?

Does it deliver later, or not deliver emails at all?

Again, please ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS post your question in a new forum topic, do NOT hijack other's thread.