Topic: Migrate from OS MySQL to a new server PRO LDAP
==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3 - 0.8.6, IRedAdmin version: v0.2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): from MySQL to LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 6 to Debian 7
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: /
We just bought the pro ldap version of iredadmin. At this time, there is an open source version of iredmail running on debian 6 (with mysql backend). Now that we bought the pro, we want to migrate from mysql to ldap and migrate users, mails, and other info to the new server with debian 7.
Why we want to migrate to ldap you ask? We will integrate all users, services and info into ldap for centralization.
There is a problem with passwords when we want to migrate to ldap, couse of the different hashes. How would you advise the procedure of migration, the possible problems with migrating data and other things and in the finals, putting the new server online with low downtime and all data migrated.
Thanks for your help!
- Urgent issue? Pay iRedMail developer to solve it remotely at $39.