Topic: migration of mail accounts and aliases

I've had a few test runs at migrating iredmail.

The problem I'm up against at the moment is that I'm unsure how to migrate accounts & aliases, or more accurately, the information you see when you log into /iredadmin.

I've migrated /var/vmail, and imported sql for amavisd, cluebringer, iredadmin, roundcubemail, vmail. I can log into roundcube and see my emails. But I can not send emails from my alias accounts, and if I log into /iredadmin only the postmaster account is listed there.

I'm almost certain that I would have selected MySQL backend for mail accounts when I installed iRedAdmin, as I have no idea what LDAP is. Looking at my original /iRedMail-x.y.z/config file, I can see the lines:
  export BACKEND_ORIG='MYSQL'
  export BACKEND='MYSQL'

Does that confirm that I did indeed choose MySQL for the backend?

I can't figure out what db or table contains this information. If query the tables in iredadmin db on the old server, I get:
+---------------------+
| Tables_in_iredadmin |
+---------------------+
| deleted_mailboxes   |
| log                 |
| sessions            |
| updatelog           |
+---------------------+

So I wouldn't have thought any of those would contain the mail accounts, domains, and aliases.

Thanks in Advance.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: migration of mail accounts and aliases

Mr5o1 wrote:

Looking at my original /iRedMail-x.y.z/config file, I can see the lines:
  export BACKEND_ORIG='MYSQL'
  export BACKEND='MYSQL'
Does that confirm that I did indeed choose MySQL for the backend?

Yes.

Mail accounts (domains, users, mail aliases) are stored in SQL database "vmail", not "iredadmin".