Topic: Sending administrator notice to overquota users

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Greets,

Is there a way for the administrator to send notices/email to users who are overquota? 

We need to do this via our automation/accounting systems, so it cannot be done manually via any web interface.  So I basically need a method to deliver an email bypassing the overquota checks.

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Sending administrator notice to overquota users

No idea at all.

Before I switched to iRedMail, I used script run from cron on the email server for over-the-quota notifications - same scenario could be used to your purpose.

It checked the quotas for all users and wrote the email directly in the maildir, so bypassing all the quota processing/checks.

Not ideal solution, but it worked.

Note:
- quota gets out of sync with this write (but I could live with it as the notification emails are usually tiny),
- you should prevent spamming the user with the email (remember, email was already sent / I used special file suffix),
- not sure, if dovecot will work correctly (moving from new to cur could fail when over quota - I used it on dovecot 1.x, so don't know this).

camel1cz wrote:

Before I switched to iRedMail, I used script run from cron on the email server for over-the-quota notifications - same scenario could be used to your purpose.

It checked the quotas for all users and wrote the email directly in the maildir, so bypassing all the quota processing/checks.

Not ideal solution, but it worked.

Note:
- quota gets out of sync with this write (but I could live with it as the notification emails are usually tiny),
- you should prevent spamming the user with the email (remember, email was already sent / I used special file suffix),
- not sure, if dovecot will work correctly (moving from new to cur could fail when over quota - I used it on dovecot 1.x, so don't know this).

Writing directly to Maildir/new is my thinking as well - not ideal, but what the heck, it will work.  Idea is just to get that email in their mailbox.