Topic: TMDA integration with iRedMail

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.4 64-bit
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I would like to implement TMDA (Tagged Message Delivery Agent) for specific users in iRedMail, has anyone done this? If so is there any resources/documentation that would help me get started? I'm new to TMDA but it appears it requires a linux user to be created and I would like to avoid that and integrate it with iRedMail users.

Thanks!
Luke

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: TMDA integration with iRedMail

I didn't try TMDA before. But it would be great if you can share some useful links of TMDA, so that others can know what it's.

3 (edited by lhiggs 2014-01-09 23:50:33)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I didn't try TMDA before. But it would be great if you can share some useful links of TMDA, so that others can know what it's.

TMDA (tmda.net) is a challenge/response system to help prevent spam. A lot of people find it rude and/or annoying because it will require that you click a link or enter a code before you can send to a user but it's effective at stopping unwanted emails.

I'm not familiar with TMDA other than what it's intended purpose is so I may end up writing my own challenge/response system as there is only one particular user who would like it implemented for him right now, am just curious if anyone here has done it with iRedMail.

lhiggs wrote:

TMDA (tmda.net) is a challenge/response system to help prevent spam. A lot of people find it rude and/or annoying because it will require that you click a link or enter a code before you can send to a user but it's effective at stopping unwanted emails.

I got few requests like this before.

Personally, i think it's a good idea to help reduce spam, the problem is, like you said, user friendly. Do you have any idea to make it more user-friendly?