Topic: cluebringer and authenticated users

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PgSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: none
====

Hi Zhang and all,

I'm a bit lost in the setup of cluebringer.

I need to allow some users to send emails in behalf of different account - it works OK, if the user/domain is local. In this case cluebringer correctly skips checks (sender domain is local and user is authenticated) BUT if the user authenticates with his account and sends email as email from non-local domain, cluebringer treats the email as foreign and applies all checks (EHLO, Graylisting, ...)

I need cluebringer to skip it's checks based on sasl_authenticated status...
Is there a way how to achieve this?

Note: I'm aware of the possibility to skip the cluebringer check completely in postfix restrictions, but I need ALL emails to be logged in session_tracking by cluebringer (I do other policy checks based on this table). So it's not a solution for my situation.

OT: Sorry if this was fixed already, I just found out cluebringer log file is not rotated. You should adjust the logrotate scripts or even better log via syslog with correct priority (mail.info?).

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: cluebringer and authenticated users

As mentioned in Cluebringer wiki, you can try to define policy apply on "$sasl_username", not the define "user@domain" used in iRedMail: http://wiki.policyd.org/policies#specifications

camel1cz wrote:

OT: Sorry if this was fixed already, I just found out cluebringer log file is not rotated. You should adjust the logrotate scripts or even better log via syslog with correct priority (mail.info?).

Fixed moment ago, thanks for your feedback:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/comm … c3a5407ca6