Topic: Using $forward_method to forward all mail, but retain a copy.

================ Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.4 64-bit
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,

I'm using $forward_method = 'smtp:[IP_of_Exchange]:25'; to forward all mail that passes spam checks to our exchange server but I would like to retain a copy of the forwarded emails in the local iRedMail user accounts for archival purposes. Can there be a sieve method implemented that would bcc an email to the users iRedmail inbox before forwarding? if not are there any other options?

Thanks in advance!
Luke

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Using $forward_method to forward all mail, but retain a copy.

Sieve rule can use 'copy' directive, but the problem is, emails are forwarded before it's sent to sieve, so it won't work this way.
Maybe you can try below parameter in Amavisd (note: i didn't try it before, use it on your own):

$clean_quarantine_method =

3 (edited by lhiggs 2014-02-12 05:56:16)

I would like to try using this method, but am in uncharted territory. I have added these two variables to amavisd.conf:

$clean_quarantine_to     = 'clean-quarantine';
$clean_quarantine_method = 'sql:';

Using this configuration the amavisd.msgs logs the message with a quar_type of Q and a quar_loc of 7a544e3832796864642d4366 I see this same entry with mail_id matching in amavisd.quarantine table but do not know how to access these emails via roundcube.

*) Roundcube doesn't read Amavisd database at all.
*) You can view/release/delete quarantined mail with iRedAdmin-Pro. http://www.iredmail.org/admin_panel.html