1 (edited by sbsnet 2013-12-09 04:30:52)

Topic: Installing iRedmail with latest versions of openssl (& openssh)

Hello,

Whats the most painless way of setting up iRedMail with the latest openssl (1.0.1e). I cant find a standard "stable/deployment" distro that includes it, and when I manually compile the source to install it, iRedMail installer doesn't see it and so won't install iRedMail (as software not installed via a package manager).

Don't mind what flavour of Linux is involved..

I'm fairly new to Linux - so apologies if this a trivial question.

Thanks

Julian

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Installing iRedmail with latest versions of openssl (& openssh)

Personally, i think the painless way is packaging it as a binary package like RPM/DEB, then upgrade it.

Just curious:

*) Why not use the version officially provided by Linux distribution? What feature in 1.0.1e do you need?
*) Linux vender will patch currently shipped version to fix bugs, but usually no new features.

Re: Installing iRedmail with latest versions of openssl (& openssh)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Personally, i think the painless way is packaging it as a binary package like RPM/DEB, then upgrade it.

Just curious:

*) Why not use the version officially provided by Linux distribution? What feature in 1.0.1e do you need?
*) Linux vender will patch currently shipped version to fix bugs, but usually no new features.

OpenSSL is a fundamental protection from email snooping. Without getting too paranoid about things, I would like to use the latest versions of these essential packages.

There's a really interesting & informative technical article about NSA & SSL here :-
http://blog.cryptographyengineering.com … k-ssl.html

I think building my own packages will be the way to go... Thanks