Topic: Questions from new user
==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7.2
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
I am a new user testing the mailserver on VB. The installation was really easy. Thanks. I have been thinking about using Kolab but it seems to me that iRedMail is more mature. So I will go with iRedMail.
I installed iRedMail och a fresk Debian server and then proceeded with installation of ownCloud to test how they work together. I had to do some changes to the setup.
1. I changed AllowOverride to All in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default to enable .htaccess
2. I ran a2enmod rewrite and a2enmod headers and restarted the apache2 service.
These changes did not seem to affect the mailserver since I had no problem to login to my inbox afterwards. Is it OK to do this?
Now when I have owncloud on the server, is it possible to integrate the calendar and files into roundcube just like it is on Kolab?
And finally, when everything is set up is it just enough to point my mx records from my domain registrar to DynDns to make the mail to work?
Thanks for your help!