Topic: Has anyone used xeams with ireadmail on the same server

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: v1.7.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos 6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I do not really think this is a iRedMail question specifically, but hopefully someone has set this up

Hello i am trying to use iRedMail and also xeams as the spam filter in front.

I have the two installed and running on the same box
i change the postfix server to listen on port 9267
then i installed xeams and it connects to localhost:9267

This all works fine.
the problem is when i run a diag i get the error::

"Your server is an open relay, which means that any person from the Internet will be able to use your server to send an email to a third party recipient. Most common reason for this failure is that you have configured your email server to accept relay from the machine where Xeams is running. Since Xeams acts as a proxy server, every email that comes in from the Internet goes via Xeams and your server thinks that emails are coming in from a machine that is within your network rather than the Internet.

How to fix it::
Configure your email server so that it does not accept relay from the machine where Xeams is running.
"

My question is how to i change the email server to not accept relays and if i do that how does the xeams talk to the iredmail server.  Or is this an error or message that does not mean anything in my env.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Has anyone used xeams with ireadmail on the same server

Since xeams listens on port 25, it's the SMTP server now, so you should configure xeams to not be an open relay, not Postfix or iRedMail. So, i think you should ask support from xeams instead.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Since xeams listens on port 25, it's the SMTP server now, so you should configure xeams to not be an open relay, not Postfix or iRedMail. So, i think you should ask support from xeams instead.

Thanks for the response.
maybe i did not explain myself properly
I am looking at this article explaining  the error i am getting
http://www.xeams.com/openrelaytest.htm
Problem description
When you use the SMTP Proxy server in Xeams, the actual user and domain authentication is done by your actual server(iredmail). Meaning when an incoming message comes for James@YourCompany.com, its your actual SMTP server(iredmail) that checks if it can accept email for this user.
The actual SMTP server (iredmail) also thinks that the email is coming from the IP address where Xeams is running. It is no idea that there is a Proxy server in the middle.
"Solution::
You must configure your actual SMTP(which is iredmail) server, such MS Exchange, NOT to accept relay from the IP address where Xeams is running. Since every email received by your actual SMTP server appears to have come from Xeams, allowing relaying from this IP address opens up your email system to accept relayed messages from the Internet. "

then please show us output of command "postconf -n". Did you add IP address of Xeams in Postfix "mynetworks" parameter?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

then please show us output of command "postconf -n". Did you add IP address of Xeams in Postfix "mynetworks" parameter?

Thanks i got it to work
i disabled relay for localhost and now we are working fine
Thanks